Every Monday, I post a writing prompt for poets. The big rule is you only have 20 minutes to write! I know it doesn’t seem like a lot of time, but trust me it’ll be great.
The poem should include:
- Pick a memory from this year
- Pick an object you associate with this memory
- Describe the object, but do not name it in the poem
- Grab the book closest to you, open up to a random page and point. The word you point at is the title of the poem
- At least 20 lines
- And the words: string, fraught, vast, bask, light, new.
Bonus points if you can get everything in!
Leave a comment and let me know how the prompt worked for you.